We managed for 27 years without formal rules. Over time various principles have been adopted by mutual consent and it is perhaps now time that these were formalised. In addition, I occasionally find that people have difficulty understanding exactly what goes in the various fields on the submission form. I've produced these rules to try to address these issues.
- The table is open to all radio amateurs in G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU and GW (hereinafter "the UK").
- The table runs annually from 00:00Z on 1st of January to 23:59Z on 31st December.
- There are no prizes.
- All CW QSOs made using your participating call sign count for the table (also see rules 5 and 6 below).
- If you routinely operate from several DXCC entities* within the UK then you may wish to make separate table entries for each entity†.
- If you operate a contest call as sole operator then you can count QSOs made with that call. Alternatively, you are welcome to submit separate entries for the contest call. Multi-operator contest QSOs cannot be counted.
- Submissions are made weekly, with scores as of 20:00Z on Sunday evening. Please help me to keep the table current by regularly sending updates, preferably every week, even if there's "no change".
- The table is published weekly, some time after 20:00Z on the Tuesday following submissions. Scores submitted by 20:00Z Tuesday will always be included. Late entries will be included if possible.
- Entries comprise the following information
- Your call sign;
- Your e-mail address. Only needed if you are new to the table or if you change your e-mail address;
- Band scores. These are the number of DXCC entities worked on each band on CW, starting from 1st January. Ten fields, one for each band. If you are not active on a band, put zero in the relevant field;
- Total. This is the sum of all the band scores and is calculated automatically;
- DXCC. This is the number of unique DXCC entities worked on CW, regardless of band, starting from 1st January;
- Comments. Free-form comments;
- Security code. Unfortunately I have had to include this step to avoid being swamped by computer generated spam. Just enter the code shown above this field.
- A notification e-mail is sent to all current participants when the table has been updated.
- Guest entries may be submitted by participants who go on DXpeditions. Inclusion is at the discretion of the table manager and will usually be only for a short period of time.
- By participating in the table, you agree to provide regular updates throughout the year. If you are QRT for a while, please advise and I will mark your entry accordingly.
- Participants who fail to send in updates for three months or more and do not advise that they are QRT may be removed from the table.
- New participants are always welcome and should join the table as soon as practicable after 1st January. New entrants into the year's table will not be accepted after 1st October.
* Entity is the term used by ARRL to describe a "DXCC country".
† If you regularly operate from multiple UK entities then you should submit separate entity records. If you make the large majority of your QSOs from one specific UK entity with only occasional forays to other UK entities, then it is acceptable to submit a single entry using your main call sign but including all QSOs regardless of entity.
Issue 3, 07-February 2014